Missionary Week!

Last week, Helaman Halls had a missionary week!  Everyone received a pretend mission call, and we were given the "Missionary Challenge".

What the Challenge consisted of:
-Going to bed at 10:30 and waking up at 6:30
-Having personal and companion study
-refrain from watching television, movies, or playing video games...No Facebook
-Maintain gender boundaries (no hugging boys for me!)
-Dress in missionary attire
-Listen only to "Sunday Music"

I was "called" to the Australia Perth mission, and I did attempt the challenge.  I made it until Friday.  That afternoon, I decided to stop because I was riding in the car home (more on that later).

Australia flag


They also had some great activities like meeting with our missions to make our own flags, a service night, a movie night that consisted of The Errand of Angels and The Best Two Years, and a fireside with Elder Ben B. Banks, Of the Seventy.  I went to the fireside, and it was so inspiring and humorous! He had a lot of fun stories to tell :)

I was so glad I could participate in such a fun activity! :)

From,
Lauren Leigh

Comments

Post a Comment