Mi Casa
Perhaps at the risk of boring you all, this post is gonna be all about my apartment and a little about the neighborhood I'm living in. Because you know, memories *insert peace sign emoji here*
First, a note about elevators. A lot of buildings have them, but they are often very small. The most surprising thing to me about the elevator in the building I'm living in is that it is pretty much identical to the one in the building I lived in with Mikaela when we were in Alcalá de Henares, haha.
First, you call the elevator (I mean, just hit the button. That part is pretty normal.) Once it arrives, you can open this door, which looks like any other door.
Then you proceed to enter what is a very small elevator. The first time I got on one of these with Mikaela, all of our suitcases, and our host mom...actually looking back I have NO IDEA how we all fit. Memories from that day are all a blur because of jetlag...Did we take two trips? No, we must have just been really good at Tetris, haha.
Don't let this picture fool you. The tan on either side is not an extension of the front, those are the side walls. It's fun, but a bit of a tight squeeze.
Once you arrive, the doors open, and then you can leave! Don't worry, the tan doors are locked until the elevator opens correctly.
Now on to the interior of the apartment! Because I can't tell a short story :D
It's got all your basics, a kitchen, a bathroom (yes, that is a washing machine), a hallway, a bedroom. Pretty straight forward ;)
Then there is the bathroom with the shower in it.
I think using a new shower for the first time is hands down one of the most awkward and nerve-racking situations. I don't know why the show "Naked and Afraid" exists when people could live that situation every time they travel.
As is to be expected with my natural awkwardness, my first attempt at using this shower ended with half the bathroom being wet. See how that shower head is positioned? Well, I thought for sure the water would come out of the faucet and then you pull a button or something to have come out of the shower head.
But no.
On the plus side, the shower has excellent water pressure. Which was a bit of a negative in this case, haha. It was pretty hilarious.
Well, this ended up being longer than anticipated, so I'll have to write another post about the area I'm living in. So tune in soon for more!
First, a note about elevators. A lot of buildings have them, but they are often very small. The most surprising thing to me about the elevator in the building I'm living in is that it is pretty much identical to the one in the building I lived in with Mikaela when we were in Alcalá de Henares, haha.
First, you call the elevator (I mean, just hit the button. That part is pretty normal.) Once it arrives, you can open this door, which looks like any other door.
Then you proceed to enter what is a very small elevator. The first time I got on one of these with Mikaela, all of our suitcases, and our host mom...actually looking back I have NO IDEA how we all fit. Memories from that day are all a blur because of jetlag...Did we take two trips? No, we must have just been really good at Tetris, haha.
| #basic white girl mirror selfie |
Don't let this picture fool you. The tan on either side is not an extension of the front, those are the side walls. It's fun, but a bit of a tight squeeze.
Once you arrive, the doors open, and then you can leave! Don't worry, the tan doors are locked until the elevator opens correctly.
Now on to the interior of the apartment! Because I can't tell a short story :D
It's got all your basics, a kitchen, a bathroom (yes, that is a washing machine), a hallway, a bedroom. Pretty straight forward ;)
Then there is the bathroom with the shower in it.
I think using a new shower for the first time is hands down one of the most awkward and nerve-racking situations. I don't know why the show "Naked and Afraid" exists when people could live that situation every time they travel.
| Bracing myself for the inevitable |
But no.
On the plus side, the shower has excellent water pressure. Which was a bit of a negative in this case, haha. It was pretty hilarious.
Well, this ended up being longer than anticipated, so I'll have to write another post about the area I'm living in. So tune in soon for more!
No risk boring me! I loved it! And oh what an experience showering 😳😂 I’m so sorry. But I’m glad there was excellent water pressure... for showers after this event.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I laughed out loud at your # 🤣😂🤣
ReplyDelete