My heart hurts
My heart is aching.
I feel it will crumble
or melt,
shatter
or bleed out.
He is my brother.
She is my sister.
They are my aunts, my uncles, my parents, my grandparents.
They are my nieces, my nephews, my children.
They are my FAMILY,
Though some might say there is so little resemblance.
Can you not see
how our eyes shine?
How we speak out against wrong?
That we laugh?
Sing?
Love?
How we long to REJOICE again?
We cannot go on
in ignorance.
We cannot go on
turning a blind eye.
We must stand.
I may never understand,
much as I wish to.
But STAND, I will.
I feel it will crumble
or melt,
shatter
or bleed out.
He is my brother.
She is my sister.
They are my aunts, my uncles, my parents, my grandparents.
They are my nieces, my nephews, my children.
They are my FAMILY,
Though some might say there is so little resemblance.
Can you not see
how our eyes shine?
How we speak out against wrong?
That we laugh?
Sing?
Love?
How we long to REJOICE again?
We cannot go on
in ignorance.
We cannot go on
turning a blind eye.
We must stand.
I may never understand,
much as I wish to.
But STAND, I will.
#BLM
Comments
Post a Comment