BYU Life: YSA wards
As part of life on BYU campus, there are a lot of YSA wards. In fact, I am in the 114th YSA ward. I don't know where they started or how many are still in use, but that is a big number!
Anyway, as part of a Young Single Adult ward, I get to have a calling! And I have been called to be a Family Home Evening Group Co-Leader! A very long title, so I just say FHE mom. All the girls in my "family" were very excited to find out I was the mom, which made me feel very special. :) We are the Incredibles, and we all have nick-names. Mine is Rapunzel. "Dad" is Captain America. The rest are mostly disney or superhero names, though two people branched out. One is Mojo Jo-Jo. The other is Dr. Who. I was in charge of the activity on Monday, so we had a water balloon toss that quickly dissolved into a water balloon fight. At least until the balloons all disappeared. We then played some random fun games. I love my calling so far, and I hope all continues to go well! :)
Anyway, as part of a Young Single Adult ward, I get to have a calling! And I have been called to be a Family Home Evening Group Co-Leader! A very long title, so I just say FHE mom. All the girls in my "family" were very excited to find out I was the mom, which made me feel very special. :) We are the Incredibles, and we all have nick-names. Mine is Rapunzel. "Dad" is Captain America. The rest are mostly disney or superhero names, though two people branched out. One is Mojo Jo-Jo. The other is Dr. Who. I was in charge of the activity on Monday, so we had a water balloon toss that quickly dissolved into a water balloon fight. At least until the balloons all disappeared. We then played some random fun games. I love my calling so far, and I hope all continues to go well! :)
Comments
Post a Comment