Announcement.

So, I mentioned General Conference a couple of posts ago.  Well, something monumental happened.  For my lovely friends out there who do not know, young men are now allowed to serve a mission at age 18 after they graduate from high school (or its equivalent) if they so desire.  In addition, young women are now allowed to serve at age 19.  WHAT?!

Before, the age was 21, and the mindset of a lot of girls had been "I'll serve a mission if I'm not married" or pretty close.  Suddenly, it has become "Do I want to serve a mission?" And at least here, the desire has exploded! Girls everywhere are suddenly rethinking their imminent future.

Including me.

So hopefully, in the closer-than-expected future, I too will join the Army of God to bring the world His truth as a full-time missionary.  I couldn't be happier.  :)

With joy,
Miss Lauren Leigh

P.S., Feel free to tell me what you think :)


Comments

  1. I think it's inspiring!! Though I can't believe you'd actually be unavailable to me for a whole 18 months... but I suppose if you can make the sacrifice, so can I ;) I think it's an amazing opportunity and that you would be a wonderful missionary at any point in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got goosebumps when I heard the announcement at General Conference. Not to be biased or anything, Sister Missionaries Rock. They do a lot of good only Sister Missionaries can do. I know that you will be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Lauren!! When I heard the announcement, you were one of the girls I thought of first. You'd make an amazing missionary!! You are so right - it totally changes it into a deliberate decision and I think many, many more amazing women will now have the opportunity to serve. Love ya, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd be an amazing missionary!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment