"May Each of Your Days be a Day Full of LOVE"

HAPPY VALENTINE'S  DAY! This is one of my favorite days of the year.  Though I've never had a special someone to celebrate it with, Valentine's Day has always been one of love for me.

Every year, my parents would sneakily leave treats for us on the doorstep and ding-dong ditch us.  I adore the cute card they would pick out, and it would usually include a present of some kind.  One of my favorites was when I got a piano picture book.  I love handing out Valentine's, eating way too much candy, and seeing the 13 roses Dad had sent to Mom.  (Yes, he does 13 instead of 12.  I think it is terribly romantic! :)  )  I would also love it because date nights were awesome at our house.  Growing up, when Mom and Dad left on a date, that meant we got to eat TV dinners, in the family room no less, and stay up past our bedtime to watch a movie.  Life couldn't get better!

A lot of my friends dislike this holiday, call it "Single Awareness Day", or rant on and on about how dumb it is.  Although I agree that people should show their love to others every day of the year, instead of just on Valentine's Day, I think today is a day to celebrate.  Not just a significant other, but ALL the people you love.  It is a reminder to ourselves, as well as to those around us, that love is real.  That people love us.  That we love people (well, at least I do.  (:  )  It is a chance to exclaim "I LOVE YOU!" in the silliest or loveliest or sweetest way you want.  It is a day full of love.

My floor decided to make Valentine Bags for people to leave valentines for each other.

Mine and Kaitlyn's.  She doesn't like Valentine's day, so she made it "Under the Sea" Themed :)
My good friend, Hillary, gave me the best Valentine I have received yet.



I hope all of you try this as well.

All my Love,
Miss Lauren Leigh

P.S., The title to this post is a line to one of my favorite songs that I use as a lullaby.  It is called May Each Day, and the version I have is sung by Andy Williams.  It is also a perfect waltz :)

*Random Side Note.* After writing this post, I saw these leaving the library.  The staircase was lined with hearts giving reasons why people love the library.  Most were like this one:


Or things like "I love all the books" or "my roommates are too loud".  However, I found one next to the one above that made me laugh out loud.  :)


The best part?  It is SO true.  Heehee :)

Comments

  1. LAUREN,
    I loved this post! So fun and thought provoking!
    I love you!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment