The Windy City...

...that wasn't so windy.  On my birthday, my family and I flew to Chicago for the weekend!  My dad had a business conference, so we tagged along.  My sister took the train down from Michigan with her two girls to meet up in Chicago!

Not sure what building this is, but I liked it.


As a birthday gift, I got a mini Himnos book.  It is the hymns in Spanish, for my mission!  Well, one morning, my niece Abigail grabbed it, sat down, and began to sing as she looked through it. It was really precious.


One of the buildings we walked by had pieces of famous or historical sites built into the concrete.  They had one from every state I believe, plus from countries around the world.  They had bits from Normandy Beach, the Mayan Ruins, oh, and this too:


This one was there as well:


I took those for my sister, so I hope she doesn't mind too much that I used them for my blog... :)



Oh, and I have the cutest nieces ever.



Unfortunately, I do not have a good picture of Emmeline.

While in Chicago, we went to visit the Bean!  This picture is underneath the bean, looking up.


And from the outside.


One day, we went to the Aquarium! We saw some cool fish, touched star fish, admired penguins, beluga whales, and otters, and enjoyed the scenery!



*gasp* Oh no, a shark!

So many people were all standing, looking off to the left.  The other exhibits were ignored.


What was everyone looking at you ask?  An exotic fish?  A shark feeding?






No.



It was the worker cleaning the tank that fascinated everyone.  It was hilarious.


What a lovely fish!


They had a playground where you could pretend to be a penguin!


One evening, we went on a dinner cruise.  Here is the skyline from our boat.


There were fireworks too! My parents saw them, but Nick and I missed them.


I very much enjoyed going to Chicago and being able to see my sister again, along with my nieces. :)

Comments