Well Hello

Wow.

It has been quite a while since I've glanced at this blog.  I even forgot what it looked like!  I suppose that happens to a lot of blogs over time, haha.  I have an excuse for 18 of the last 30+ months that I haven't written, but the other 12 or so, all I can say is, my heart wasn't in it.  I was too busy looking at my last blog, hermanagrondel.blogspot.com

What a blog it was.

What an amazing 18 months it was.

You know, everyone always talks about how a mission changes you, but I never really appreciated it.

Or believed it.

And I always thought it was annoying when people went on and on and on about their mission and the people and the places and "here, let me show you a bajillion photos!"..

Now I'M that person! And I love it.  I would do it again and again.

I still think about it every day.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life and it was the most rewarding.  I only wish I could share more of it with others to the point where they could understand how deeply it touched me, but it's one of those things you have to live to truly understand.

Anywhoo, I hope to be able to update this blog with my current adventures to help me remember that every moment counts and can be as beautiful and memorable as those sweaty, lovely, tear-filled, miraculous days in Honduras, el hogar de mi misión.


Comments

  1. It is so hard when something is so important, so meaningful, so life changing, and no one around you seems to grasp it at the same level. You being able to say that means you were in it with your whole heart, Lauren. You were everything Heavenly Father and His Son needed you to be. That's pretty miraculous. I do not know every tear, every leap of faith, every joyous moment, every heartache of your mission, but I do know how close you keep it to your heart. I do know of the feelings you've shared with me because, through the Spirit, I have felt them too. I am grateful for you and your testimony. Don't worry, you'll be able to share how much it's affected you by being who you are becoming for the rest of your life. It will affect more people than you know. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment