Leading up to Leaving

Sorry these posts have been somewhat sporadic!  I purchased a convertor, so now I will tell you about the time prior to and leading up to leaving :)

So, the day I left it was a DOWNPOUR!  I'm sure all of you know my home is in the middle of a desert, so heavy rain is rare.  To put the amount of rain in perspective, in the months preceding the Wednesday before last, we received 1.4 inches of rain.  In those twenty-four hours, we received 1.6 inches of rain!  At one point, the curb on the corner was completely flooded.

View from the truck windows:




In the arguably second hottest month of the year, August, it is usually between 100 and 120 degrees.  It was only 69 degrees!


It rained until Cedar City, and driving up the canyon was a bit scary.

Very cloudy!

I loved how clouds surrounded mountains.

This was supposed a picture of the gorge.

More cloudy mountains

When I got up to my dorm room, this was the first thing I saw:



What?! Of all the dorm halls I could be in, I get to be in the one with the Up theme? I was sooo excited!

Balloons hanging from the ceiling
My R.A. made an Up house with all of our names on different balloons.


And to top it off, on everyone's door was a mailbox with her name and her roommate's name as well.


I was overjoyed.  :)

So I went to New Student Orientation, which was really helpful.  I was able to figure out where all the buildings are and how things work.

We did a tour of the Education in Zion exhibit inside of the JFSB, and this was a mural on the wall.


We also took a picture in the formation of the Y out on the football stands!

The cool lookin' screen :)
 I was trying to take a picture of all the people in back of me.  I like the girl looking straight at my camera :)



Hooray for pictures!  I don't have pictures of my room yet, my mom took those, so I don't know when I'll get those up.  (Please e-mail them Mom! :)   )

Comments

  1. I just got all caught up on your posts - what fun you are having! I can hear excitement in your voice as I read - I am so glad you are having such a great experience. You're awesome, Lauren... I would have loved having you as a roommate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment