Andalucía Day 1

On this trip, we went down to Andalucía, and first on the agenda was Córdoba, which was ruled by Arabic people for centuries.  Much of their architecture and art still influences Spain today.

Before we got there, we had a rest stop and took pictures in a pretty courtyard.



In Córdoba, we had some free time, and then we went to the mesquita-turned Cathedral which was breathtaking.



In Arabic architecture, it is very common to find fountains in patios and gardens, and one of the first things offered to guests is water.  This comes because of their roots in the desert, where water was hard to come by.


I think these arches are stunning from multiple angles.







After Córdoba, we made our way to Seville, which is a stunning town :)

Did you know Seville was in Spain? I always thought it was in Italy.  Probably because the opera "The Barber of Seville" is in Italian.

They have a lot of white-washed buildings with flowers


And other random things


And statues of famous torreros


They are a port town, but not because they are near a sea but a river




One of the most famous places is La Plaza de España, which is breathtaking :)


It was created to embody all that Spain is and was all created by the same architect.  He wouldn't let ANYONE else be a part of it.


I also discovered that in the live-action Cinderella, the princess that Kit is supposed to be engaged to is the princess of Zaragoza.  So, here I am, pretending to be her :)



Pointing to Alcalá de Henares



We went to visit el Alcazar in Seville as well, which has a lot of BEAUTIFUL Arabic architecture.







The gardens here are incredible.






Random underground bath



And then, it was time for lunch.  Oh, how I love food!





Pretty Architecture:



And to finish, we went to a Flamenco show.  We bought flowers for our hair :)


It's the best :)

Comments

  1. That food looks amazing. And those archways!!! Wow. I can only imagine how even more amazing they are in person. And I can't get over all of these gardens. I had no idea Syria had any influence on Spain, let only so much. And I love your Flamenco hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment