My Heart is Full
I think good-byes are some of the most painful moments in life. Some are easier than others, but to say good-byes in another country have proven to be some of the hardest. When will we see each other again? Will it be the same if we see each other in another country?
Anyways, sorry for the depressing opening thought. This was the last week of my Study Abroad Program, and although I get to spend another week here with my parents, I so wish it wasn't the end of our group all together in one place.
But let me give you a summary of what our last week juntos.
Monday we had our last Family Home Evening as a group. we played games, had a white elephant gift exchange, and finished with a testimony meeting. It was such a lovely time! Oh, and there was ice cream too :)
Tuesday was our last day of classes, so that was spent in the house, "studying" (and taking funny photos...and watching Zootopia (But Mikaela really did study. I, on the other hand, had a bit of a hard time, haha))
Wednesday, we had our Farewell dinner. The 8 of us (plus Hanna and Emma) didn't realize everyone else had finished and left until the directors of the program came over to say we had become true Spaniards. (It is very Spanish to eat and then stay for large amounts of time just chatting)
That was also Mikaela's last night, as she left early Thursday morning. So of course, we took a photo with our host mom.
And I tried to take a selfie with her while she was on the bus
Thursday was our "graduation". We got diplomas and everything!
This is our whole group (menos Mikaela) with our professors
Our literature class with Carlos
And what was meant to be a picture of Sergio, Ashlyn, and I that turned into "wait, selfie??" and many people jumped in, haha.
Anyways, sorry for the depressing opening thought. This was the last week of my Study Abroad Program, and although I get to spend another week here with my parents, I so wish it wasn't the end of our group all together in one place.
But let me give you a summary of what our last week juntos.
Monday we had our last Family Home Evening as a group. we played games, had a white elephant gift exchange, and finished with a testimony meeting. It was such a lovely time! Oh, and there was ice cream too :)
Tuesday was our last day of classes, so that was spent in the house, "studying" (and taking funny photos...and watching Zootopia (But Mikaela really did study. I, on the other hand, had a bit of a hard time, haha))
Wednesday, we had our Farewell dinner. The 8 of us (plus Hanna and Emma) didn't realize everyone else had finished and left until the directors of the program came over to say we had become true Spaniards. (It is very Spanish to eat and then stay for large amounts of time just chatting)
That was also Mikaela's last night, as she left early Thursday morning. So of course, we took a photo with our host mom.
And I tried to take a selfie with her while she was on the bus
Thursday was our "graduation". We got diplomas and everything!
This is our whole group (menos Mikaela) with our professors
Our literature class with Carlos
And what was meant to be a picture of Sergio, Ashlyn, and I that turned into "wait, selfie??" and many people jumped in, haha.
That evening, we travelled to Madrid to see *drum rooooooolllllllllll*
.
.
.
.
.
.
EL REY LEON!!! I was in SEVENTH heaven. Yes, it was all in Spanish, and YES I loved every minute of it. Oh, and it made me cry of course.
Waiting for it to start
This theater had some breathtaking ceilings
Last photo of the night
We then had one last bus ride together before we left. One of the most unfortunate ways to say good-bye, when everyone has to get off at a different stop. But I love this group and this experience so very, very much. Here's to another beautiful chapter in life!














Oh that is heart wrenching! Everyone getting off at different stops?!! Man. And I didn't realize Mikaela left on Thursday. I'm so very sorry. That must've been a hard day. And I teared up FOR you seeing the Lion King in Spanish!!! I have such fond memories of seeing that musical. I love you so very much and though I know it is so hard to say goodbye, I am so excited to say hello :)
ReplyDelete