Graduation

Finally, it is here!

Graduation was absolutely wonderful.

Both of my grandmothers came down to see me graduate and give my valedictorian speech.  We went out for a late lunch/ early dinner at Brio.  It was DELICIOUS!

Next, it was off to the Thomas and Mack for graduation!  I got ready as we arrived.  Sadly, I could not wear my lei during graduation, but I put it on again afterwards.

Waiting backstage helped to build the excitement.  We got hoods to wear, which was a nice surprise! :) Then, Mr. Koelliker, our principal, announced the Class of 2012.  The lights went up, the band started playing, and it was time for us to walk!

Walking up to the stage wasn't too bad (I didn't trip!), and then we stood while everyone else came in.  Suddenly, I felt terrified.  I honestly thought I was going to be sick or faint or trip or all three.  However, all was well, and we sat down.  Everyone else did fairly well too, but I wasn't really concentrating.  I was too busy trying to keep my heart from bursting.  Suddenly, Luke was announcing my name to speak.  I made it to the microphone without any trouble, and then I began.

The feeling was indescribable.  I was so happy and honored and excited, and I wouldn't trade the experience.

The rest of the ceremony was great.  I felt amazing getting my diploma and shaking Principal Koelliker's hand.

It was enjoyable being on stage as people walked past because we could admire everyone's shoes.

After the ceremony, we took pictures.










In addition, so many random people came up to me to congratulate me on my speech.  Talk about a self-confidence boost!

I am absolutely ecstatic about my performance!  I think I did my best, and I am extremely satisfied with that.  I really want to share my performance with all of you, but I don't have the video.  Plus, that seems a bit too much like bragging.  :)

My mom drew this picture for me.  Beautiful, right? :)


Comments

  1. There should be about a million comments on this post telling you how wonderful and beautiful you are!! I am so proud of you and brag about you to everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in either 7th or 8th grade when we moved in. Wow - how time flies!! Congrats, you are beautiful girl with so many wonderful experiences ahead of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment