Barcelona!

On Wednesday, we drove in a bus to BARCELONA!!!  It has definitely been one of my favorite cities to visit.

On the way down, we stopped in Zaragoza (the name of the city the Spanish princess is from in the live-action Cinderella! In case you wanted to know...)



Allie jumped in on my photo



We went to a Cathedral known as La Seo and saw other lovely buildings.



Afterwards, we went to Barcelona!  The drive was a blast :)



And we saw a lot of olive groves.  Spain was originally conquered for its oil and wine



Our hotel was great and had a lovely view of a random mural.



We had lots of free time, so a group of us decided to go to the Plaça Espanyola.  We went up a great tower that had an incredible view and ate at a tasty restaurant up there.

The view from the top



All together :)



At the restaurant.



We then spent a long time walking up steps and taking pictures on the way to the Museu de arte catalunya. It was beautiful with a fantastic view.







On the way, I found this sign.  It makes me laugh so much, hahahahaha!  Apparently, you are only allowed to be hit by lightning.



On Thursday, we had a guided tour through the city talking about the architecture of Guadí in particular.

This building is known as la pedrera (the stone quarry) because it doesn't have straight lines



We also went to Park Güell, which is also designed by Gaudí and has many famous and characteristic things of Barcelona.









The salamander is a symbol.  Since they can walk on ashes, they are used to be protectors against the devil.



After, we went to visit La Sagrada Familia, which is an absolutely incredible building.  The history and beauty of it is inexplicable.  We had an incredible tour guide who beautifully described symbols and stories of the cathedral.  It was begun in 1882 and they don't expect to finish it before 2026, mainly for lack of money.  It was designed by Gaudí as well.

The front is highly decorated and is all about the birth of Christ











The opposite side is far simpler and meant instead to communicate the pain of suffering of Christ.



After that, we visited Las Ramblas and walked by el Barrio Gótico.  I LOVED el mercado at Las Ramblas.  They had all kinds of food everywhere!












Look, I found a disney store here!



We went to lunch as a group and there was this giant head behind me.



Later, we walked to a palau de música that was closed, walked around a park, and decided to walk on the beach.

El Arc de Triomf is at the entrance leading towards the park



At the beach





I found my store!



Comments

  1. HAHAHAHA, oh I was laughing out loud about the sign by the water too. Oh man, that's amazing. Do you eat a lot of olives/olive oil there? I imagine everyone cooks with it... What an adventure filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love the stain glass window pictures. Breathtaking. And I love that you found a Disney store :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment